Friday, April 10, 2009

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday, and it was a a great one. When I went to the office at noon, this beautiful bouquet of flowers was there. They were from my Mom. I was so excited. This is the second time ever I have been sent flowers (and they were both from my Mom:). When I got back to my classroom after lunch, Betsy and Teri had a case of Pepsi and a snickers bar sitting on my desk. They know me too well. Then at 2:00, I got a call from the office saying I had another bouquet. I was a little perplexed wondering who they could be from, and yes they were from David. I could not believe it. He joked that he was going to put "from you secret admirer", but I said that wouldn't have been funny because he would have been the last one I would have guessed sent them. (He actually called, ordered them, and went down and paid cash for them. I was really impressed. He didn't even have to stop by the school to get money from me:)
Aren't they beautiful? In the evening, my Grandma and Grandpa brought over a huge cake, and we had many guests over for the party. It was so much fun. I felt very loved:) We all laughed and talked for a couple hours until it was time for bed. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. They made my birthday so enjoyable. Thanks to everyone!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a happy birthday! I remembered to call you in the morning, but I knew you were at school so then I decided I'd call that night. To bad I'm a loser and forgot when night time rolled around. Just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you though, and I'm glad that you were able to have a nice birthday. I wish I could have been there to celebrate it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nina! I wish you were here too. I hope you are feeling well. Call me when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday!! i'm glad you had such a great one.

    ReplyDelete