Wednesday, May 27, 2009

T-ball


The boys had their first T-ball game on Monday night. They played Cowley (Teagan's team). It was so fun. This is Taylor's first year and Ethan's last year of T-ball. Ethan is a very intense player. He is so competitive. He plays pitcher and is all over the place. He made a double play that was neat. He caught a pop fly then chased down and tagged a runner. He did a good job.

It was very neat to see Taylor play in his first game. A little background: Taylor was very sick as a baby. He got sick at 5 months and was sick off and on until 13 months with respiratory problems. We finally took him to a Pediatric Pulmonologist and he was diagnosed with "Pulmonary Insufficiency". On a good day his oxygen was below 90% (which most people are hospitalized for) The doctor told us if he didn't get better he would never participate in sports of even PE. He also told us he would never outgrow his asthma. Well, after just a couple weeks of intense treatment, he was much better. He still gets sick when he has a virus, but other than that he is completely normal. The only thing we notice about him is he has no stamina. He sleeps all the time. So you can see why it is so great to watch him play. Even though he is not really into the game yet. He doesn't like to go to practice, and he thinks it is boring. He is so funny, he is just there for the smiles. He went onto the field without his mitt, TWICE! I had to keep on him to keep his mitt. He hit off of coach pitch though. We were all surprised. He was so surprised he almost didn't run. We are so proud of Taylor.

Taylor, Teagan, and Ethan (thinking he is way too cool)

1 comment:

  1. AH ha ha ha... I was hoping nobody would notice that it was time to post my 30 week belly pic. I'm avoiding it... can you tell? I think I've reached that point where I don't really look forward to having my picture taken, but I'll take one for you... soon.

    ReplyDelete