This story is a little explicit, but it is through the eyes of a six year old- and it is hilarious. Taylor's kindergarten class was doing swimming lessons in school a couple of weeks ago. One of the first days Taylor came into the classroom and was noticably sad. I asked him what was wrong and he was very hesitant to share his trauma with me. He told me I needed to shut the door. I guess he was in need of a serious conversation. It went like this.
T: Mom, the boys were teasing me in the bathroom today.
Me: What happened?
T: I had to get naked to put my swimming suit on.
M: Yes, so did everyone else.
T: Well it was embarrassing!
M: Why? (Thinking he is not at all modest around home. I have to tell him about five times to get dressed.)
T: Well __________ (Name left out for obvious reasons) started saying "Hey everyone look! Taylor has huge balls!"
M: Oh my, what did you say?
T: I told them "They're not balls. They are testicles." (duh)
M: Oh, that was good, did they stop?
T: No, I said "Will you stop? Will you stop? I even said "MAY YOU PLEASE STOP?" and they still didn't Mom? I hate ___________.
M: Well, we don't hate anyone, but did you tell the teacher?
T: NO MOM! You can't talk to teacher about balls. (I thought they were testicles:)
M: Well, get dressed in the bathroom next time.
This satisfied Taylor and our "serious" conversation came to an end. I was nearly boiling over from laughing inside. But I did pull it together for the sake of Taylor's very sensitive feelings. When I shared this story with David his response was "That's my boy!" He was not at all concerned with his poor son's devastation. Men! Ethan's response, "He should be proud!" How quickly things change. For the time being, I will so enjoy Taylor's innocence.
I hope you were not too offended, this is definitely one for the books!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Poor Taylor. That is so sad. I cannot believe how rude and mean kids are now days. Hopefully it won't happen anymore. Definitely something to remember though.
ReplyDeleteThats more like a PG-13 post. Sad and funny at the same time. You re-capped very well.
ReplyDeleteThat is too funny, I love it. What a cutie. Yeah, something tells me those boys won't be teasing him about that in a couple years ;)
ReplyDeleteLol...That is hilarious. I love how innocent he sounds through the whole thing. I think that it is great that he would come to you with a problem like that (even if he is only 6, you'd think he'd be too embarrassed to tell his mom. ;)
ReplyDeleteoh myh gosh...how funny is that!!! i read it to Michael and we could not stop laughing :) What a sweet boy you have!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome that he still has a bit of his innocence! Grab hold and don't let go!
ReplyDelete