Friday, September 18, 2009

Trials come in droves

Well, I love the start of a new school year, but with it comes a lot of stress. To start a new school year, we all caught colds. I had it for the first two weeks (1 week before students, and first week with kids), now both of the boys have it. I was just finally getting into the new routine, when I got this terrible pain in underneath my right arm. I thought I was having an allergic reaction to my deoderant. After one week , and no rash and with the pain spreading to my back, I started to think I had a pinched nerve in my back. When the pain got unbearable, I started visiting the Chiropractor. A week later, still with no progress, I made a Dr. appointment. So I really went, thinking they would give me muscle relaxers for the nerve. Well it turns out I have shingles. I don't have a rash though, so I didn't think about shingles. But now that I have researched I have found you don't have to have a rash, and it can take up to 3 months to get the rash. The doctor is hopeful, that with the meds I won't get the rash. So I felt better that we know what it is, but a little bit uneasy about the near future. It might be a long road, but we'll get through.
When I went to work today, I had a card on my desk from a co-worker. It was in the shape of a pill and said in big letters CHILL 250,000 MG. A "Chill Pill" I thought it was hilarious. I got an email from my principal that said to let her know of anything I need. And my coworkers brought me much comic relief (which they always do), and my students are just sweet and kind and always make me smile. At home I have got many cuddles from my baby, and the boys are helping with beet harvest (which they absolutely love!) So I do recognize that I have a great support system, and really have nothing to stress about. So here we go on a new adventure, that hopefully won't last too long!

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about that! I hope you start feeeling better and I am so glad you have such a good support network! That is so important and so comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about the shingles!! I hear they can be the worst!! Thanks for the recommendation on the book. I'll let you know if we read it, I will for sure!! Hang in there and take care of yourself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DANG jennifer! That really sucks. Nothing stresses a person out more than getting an illness from stress, right? I guess I didn't really understand shingles until I looked it up just now. I thought it was something we recieved a vaccine for. I didn't reliaze we could get it later on in our lives. I hope you get feeling better soon and gets some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at least the Dr. didn't think you were crazy like you thought that they would, right? ;) Well I hope you get to mending! That really sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that totally sucks. I'm so sorry! We feel ya on the cold thing...doesn't seem to want to go away either. Hope it heals as quick as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear that you have shingles that sucks!! I hope everything heals quick for you!

    ReplyDelete