Jenna at 1We have had an extremely busy week. So I am going to try to get caught up with some pictures. On Wednesday, Jenna turned one. I cannot believe my baby is already one. First thing in the morning, I got Jenna dressed in her Birthday Girl shirt and fixed her hair. At Marie's, she had a little party. Marie made cupcakes and Jenna got to eat one on her own. She then gave Jenna a present to unwrap. I am sure Jenna loved this and I am so thankful Marie takes the time to make our girl's day so special. I got off work at 12:30 and we hurried home. Jenna took a nap while I cleaned the house, baked two cakes, and wrapped her presents. She woke up just in time for the fun to begin. We had a lot of visitors (thanks to Thanksgiving). All of David's siblings were in town so we had quite the housefull. It was a lot of fun though. Jenna got a lot of presents and is having so much fun playing with them.



She actually didn't get very messy eating her cake.
One of Jenna's new toysAt one year Jenna: is able to walk (but she won't go very far before she drops down to crawl), started calling me "Mommy and Meemy" when she wants to cuddle, has been given the nicknames "Sugar Cookie" and "Cuddle Kitten" from Mom and Dad, gets excited to see her brothers, and has said "brothers" a couple times, and she loves to dance! If she hears Cowboy Cassanova, or Need You Now she will start dancing like crazy, she has a funny face she makes and will show you her pretty teeth. She is learning new tricks everyday. I love this age! Her personality is really starting to come out! She is still a little love and pretty easy going, but will squeal at other kids if they infringe upon "her" space.
Reflecting back on the year, David and I cannot believe how much happiness this little girl has brought to us. We were happy before we had Jenna, we had our boys, and everything seemed as good as they could get. Then we had Jenna, and what was great got even better. She has really brought our family closer. The boys love their little sister and it has really brought out their softer side. I never knew how much we needed Jenna. I will forever be grateful for the love and tenderness she has brought into our lives. She already has her Daddy wrapped around her finger. It is so funny to watch David with her. He is in total awe of his baby girl. He has always been a great Daddy and is very active with our kids (he gets just as loud and obnoxious as the boys:), but he is so gentle and tender with Jenna. We know our lives will just keep getting better! We love being parents to our three wonderful children!



Wow, she is already 1 year old. Man how time flies:) What a sweet little family.
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute! Can't believe a year has gone by already. Happy birthday, Jenna!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe she's one already. I LOVE the picture of the boys kissing her, so sweet.
ReplyDelete