Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cool website

My grandma always tells me the importance of teaching my kids how to do chores. I really think that having chores at home teaches kids responsibility. I can really tell the kids in my classroom that have responsibilities at home, they tend to be more accountable. But having my boys do chores is sometimes more work than it is worth, but I found a cool new website that seems to be helping it is www.handipoints.com . I design "chore" charts and assign points for each chore. I print it out and when the kids complete their chore I mark their points. They sign in to their account on the internet and mark off their completed chores. The website keeps track of their points and they can earn rewards. My boys love it and they haven't been complaining about their chores.

This is Ethan before handipoints. Doesn't he looked thrilled. We joked that we need to take a picture after we started handipoints. He said he would be sure to strike a pose.

2 comments:

  1. I love snooping through other peoples blogs and finding friends. Congrats on finally getting to buy lace and frills! Hope things are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture. Poor tortured child, I can't believe you treat him like your slave! ha ha

    ReplyDelete