Thursday, October 15, 2009

Its been a while

It has been a while since my last post. We have had a couple of very busy weeks. Ethan has been playing football and loving it! He had strep throat for almost a week and was a very sick boy. He bore his testimony in church on Sunday for the very first time, and it was all his idea. I was shocked, to say the least, but we were very proud of him. It was very special for us to hear his little testimony.

Taylor has been so funny. He woke up the other day and told me he had a WONDERFUL dream. He said, "I dreamed I was so popular! When I woke up, I said, THIS is a new day, I am a new person." I thought it was hilarious. He must of heard "popular" on TV. He also has started "working out" on my elliptical at night. He gets off and says "Mom feel how much lighter I am. See how much stronger and faster I am!" I wish it worked like this!

And Jenna has just been her sweet and happy self. She is becoming more independent and likes to play alone.

Last but not least, my mother called a couple of weeks ago and said she was ready to receive help for her depression and alcoholism. It was a call we have been waiting for for years now. So she checked into the Rimrock Foundation a little over a week ago. She is doing so well and sounds more alive than she has for years. We went to visit her on Sunday and the kids had so much fun. We played ping-pong and visited for a couple of hours. Then the boys left and my Aunt Nancy and I stayed for family orientation. On Wednesday, I went to family day. It was really hard, but a great learning experience. It helped me understand my Mom and her disease. She gave me a letter she wrote to me and it really helped me forgive her. I feel much better being able to see my mom and I am so hopeful that she will be able to stay sober and get happy again.

So that's what we've been up to, the good and bad. I hope to post more about my Mom's treatment later. It still is a little hard for me to talk about and I am still processing some thoughts and feelings, but I learned a lot that I think will be good to share.

5 comments:

  1. Jen--sounds like you have had a busy few weeks. I am so glad you got to go to family day! You are going to have some great days and some hard days...just support as best as you can. Remember though that it is her decision in the long run, nothing you or your kids will do or say will change her, she has to do it for herself. She will have good days and not so good days. Hang in there!! If you ever need to talk I'm here...I know all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jen.... I had no idea. I am glad that she is getting help and that you two are starting to have a relationship again. I couldn't imagine. I am glad your kiddos are doing so well. I get such a kick out of Taylor:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I'm so glad to hear about your mom. I know this time will be hard for you but also an answer to your prayers. Stray strong and I will be praying for you and your family. I know your mom must look at you and be so proud, you have been such a good example to all those in your family despite all the losses you all have gone through. I Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to hear more about it. I think my mom definately needs help with depression any help or thoughts would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jen, I heard about your mom. She does sound more alive and happy. My mom called her the other day when I was over there and she seems to be doing good! I can only imagine how hard this is for you, but if you need someone to listen I'm hear.

    ReplyDelete