It all started in August when I went back to work and got a really bad cold then:
- My cold was followed with shingles (lasted one month)
- Then Jenna got the stomach flu
- I got the stomach flu (on top of shingles, so not fun!)
- Taylor got the stomach flu
- Ethan got the stomach flu
- Within a day of Taylor having the stomach flu, he got a fever, sore throat, cough (looking back now, he probably had the swine flu) He missed almost a week of school.
- The next week, Ethan got a fever and sore throat, (no cough- not similar to Taylor's the week before) Took him to the doctor-Strep!
- 10 days later, Jenna got a fever (going on day 4 and still no sign it letting up)
- Now, Taylor is home with a cough.
Holy cow, I have missed so much work. Of course, it is David's busy season so he can't really help. It has been so crazy. I feel bad for my class, but I have had a ton of kids absent too. Swine flu has hit really hard and I have had so many kids gone, and for a week at a time. I have never seen anything like this. I went a half of day yesterday so I could check in with my kiddos and they are being so good. They know that Jenna is sick and they let me know that they are very understanding.
I have enjoyed snuggling with Jenna, she has not been too grumpy (only when her fever is spiking). But she loves to cuddle. Last night, I woke her up at 11:00 pm to give her some Motrin. She of course thought it was playtime. So we played a while, then I turned over to go to sleep. She will not just lay there, she has to snuggle. So she got as close as she could to my back and put her arm over me. That wasn't good enough though, she scooted up so she was laying on my head. It was so funny. I turned over and held her in my arms and she wrapped her arm around my neck and gave me a big kiss. It was so precious! We went to sleep and woke up at 6:00 when my alarm clock went off. She didn't wake up at all (she has been waking every 4 hours with a fever). Her fever did come back shortly after waking though. So more Tylenol, and she's good to go again. Hopefully, the sickness will end and we can move on!


I am so sorry your little ones are sick, but snuggle time sounds great:)Maybe I will see you at school next week:)
ReplyDeleteYoure so lucky to have a snugglie baby. Some of my favorite times when my kids were little were laying them on my stomach while laying on the couch watching tv. I miss that.
ReplyDeleteOh man, that is the pits! I feel your pain, as I'm sure you've been reading from my posts, we have been nothing but sick around here too. We finally were healthy long enough to get our flu shots last week, so hopefully we won't get sick anymore. And hopefully you guys won't either!
ReplyDeleteLauren is a snuggler too! I had to laugh when you were talking about how Jenna snuggles and moves all around before she goes to bed.. it sounds just like Lauren!!
ReplyDelete