Thursday, October 1, 2009

10 Months

Yesterday I took Jenna to the doctor for her 9 month well baby checkup. Her 9 month appointment got canceled, and then silly me, forgot her next appointment. So here it is 10 months and we are just getting her in. Oh well, better late then never! So here is the rundown of Jenna at 10 months.

*She weighs 18 lbs and 3 oz (30%)
*She is 27 inches long (50%)
*She can say No, No, No, and don't, Mama, Dada, Baba, and lots more babble~
*She can stand on her own, all though she hates it. When she realizes she is standing she will squeal at me
*She is already annoyed with her brothers. When they are in her face she squeals at them and will even slap at them.
* She loves to snuggle at night. She will wake up in the middle of the night and scoot closer to snuggle.
*She had the stomach flu for the first time and it was so sad. She puked all night!
*She is becoming more independent and will crawl around and play by herself
*Ethan changed her diaper for the first time (poopy and all!) because Mom was sick with the flu, what a nice brother
*She can "squeeze" when she hugs
*She loves to lay in the grass (wierd, I know)
*She has started to become a Daddy's girl
*Dad watched her for the first time, while Mom went to Billings
Jenna is the happiest baby ever. Even when she has been sick she is still happy. She never gets fussy, and it is very easy to tell what she needs if she is crying. She knows what she wants and will squeal at you to let you know about it, but she is also very laid back and enjoys just watching people. She is such a good baby, I can take her anywhere.
When I am walking up to Marie's (her babysitter) she starts kicking her legs and laughing. When she sees Marie she reaches for her and gives her big hugs. It is so good to leave her so happy and excited.
I really wish I would have blogged or journaled when my boys were babies. They grow up so fast. David and I always say "remember when..." It seems like just yesterday they were toddlers! My sister Twana made Ethan a scrapbook and included funny little phrases and cute little things that he did. I am so thankful she did this for me. It is also very special for Ethan to have something that she made for him. She passed away before she was able to make one for Taylor so I have started, but I am not as good as she was. I just can't believe how fast time flies, before we know it our kids will be all grown up. Sad!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, she is so big. Her coloring is so pretty in those pictures (little red lips). I can't wait to see her. We are going to be coming home probably the day after christmas. Were going to be driving out with the whole family (yikes!). It will be interesting, but we are super excited to see everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a sweetie! TIme flies! Hope you are having a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ten months?!? I can't believe how big she is getting. I guess that happens when we don't see each other that often!

    ReplyDelete