La Jolla Shores Well I survived almost 5 whole days away from my family. I went on a school trip to San Diego to attend the National Math Conference. I flew out on Tuesday and arrived home last night (Sat). I had never been away from Jenna overnight, and so I was really nervous. This is also David's busiest season so I knew it was going to be hard. My Mom came over to help while I was gone. She was a life saver. She stayed with David and the kids the whole time, ran the kids around, cleaned the house, cooked meals.... I was so glad she came.
I learned some great things about teaching math. I learned that Lovell Elementary is really far ahead most of the country in teaching math. I learned some techniques to teach multiplication facts which I cannot wait to teach my class! Enough about that, now here are some pics of our sight-seeing.
The ocean looked fun, but was really cold!

It would be tough to live in a house like this!
Seals on La Jolla beachWe were able to see a lot in San Diego. It was cold the first two days but the sun did come out the last day. We went to meetings during the day and toured in the evenings. We went to several beaches and they all were absolutely beautiful. Coronodo had amazing sand and was very clean and amazing. La Jolla (which we had to take a train and bus to) was absolutely beautiful with rocky ledges and seals beaching on the sand. Last we went to Mission Beach which is the local hotspot. We did a lot of shopping in the little shops, trolley riding, and of course eating.
We could walk right up to this little seal pup.
Beautiful flowers at CoronodoSan Diego was awesome. It was so clean and has a lot of things to do. It would be a great family vacation. I could not believe how much I missed my family and my simple life. It was wonderful to snuggle with my kids and be able to take care of them this morning. I realized I take a lot of things for granted. I am so glad to be home!


What gorgeous pics! I was kicking myself for not thinking to send our camera with Chris...although I'm not sure he would have even known how to use it. I don't know that he has taken a picture in the 10 years we've been married...What a fun little getaway, but I bet your family is so happy to have you home again.
ReplyDeleteI bet you missed your kids like crazy! I'm glad you had a good time though, I'm sure it was nice to have a little you time as well, even if it was for work.
ReplyDelete