He titled it "The best report of Denver in the history of reports of Denver."
Have you ever had the time of your life?! I did when I went to Denver. It is a long and boring drive there, but once I get there I’m sure I will fall in love. I got to travel to Denver all because of my Mom’s “happy feet.” Who knew that feet could get you from a boring school teacher to your five minutes of fame, by dancing at the halftime of the Denver Nuggets game?! Who would of thought?! It also got me in a fan tunnel, where I got to give high fives to my favorite NBA players!
As I was sitting in the car ready to start my trip, it was all running through my head like a movie, but that came to an end after my little sister screamed in her soprano voice. “Jenna shut up and quit being such a baby!” Taylor yelled. Then my dad boomed, “Shut up back there!” Jenna went into hysterics and Taylor just didn't talk. Then me and my Dad laughed because my Dad always does that, and for some reason it works every time.
After a while, Taylor started laughing, and eventually Jenna came out of her hysterics, and I ran back into the house to get my knife. As soon as I got in the car we were off to Denver. About an hour into our drive, we stopped and got beef jerky, licorice, and shredded jerky. We all got back in the car and drove off to Denver.
After about two hours, we came into what is known as the Wind River Canyon. After we came out of the canyon, we came to Boysen Dam. And a few more hours later, we came to Hell's Half Acre where the movie Star Ship Troopers was filmed. We also drove by the Johnson Power Plant. If you walked by a pipe with leak the size of a pin point the pressure is so intense it would cut you in half!
After that, we watched Shrek for the fifth time, and we kept repeating the part where donkey says, ”I like that boulder, that is a nice boulder.” Then in about four hours we were there in Denver. We stayed the night at my Aunt Ruth's house.
In the morning, it was very warm. We saw my uncle's and cousin's AR-15's. Otherwise we just were lazy the whole time. Then my mom bought some shoes for her Zumba and we went to sleep.
The next day was special because we went to the Denver Nuggets game! I was surprised at how normal the day seemed. Then we left for the game and once we got there we went to sit down, on the front row! I could believe I was really there! As the game time neared, we went and stood on the floor to greet the Nuggets players. The players ran out and I got to give all players high fives as they entered the court. I even shook Nene's and Carmello Anthony's hand! (They are my favorite players!)
There was people clear up to the nosebleeds and later there was one less person attending the game because he was taking off his clothes and got arrested! Unfortunately, the Nuggets lost to the Hornets, but my Mom won. She danced at halftime on the court. She did awesome! On the ride to my Aunt Ruth's house we were talking about the highlight of Mom's dance.
I had a great time in Denver spending time with family and attending my favorite NBA team's game. Maybe I can go to a Nugget's game again with the help of my Mom's “happy feet.”


how cute.
ReplyDelete