Saturday, February 14, 2009
Being sick
Well going back to work has not been running smoothly. My first week back went pretty well although I was fighting a cold. My second week, well not so good. Last Sunday I felt my lungs starting to burn, and its been downhill from there. I muttled through work on Monday with terrible body aches and a cough. My Tuesday I had a fever of 102.4. I had to come home from work. I went to the Dr. they suspected Influenza (should've had a flu shot). Since I cannot take Tamiflu (due to nursing) they did not test. I wouldn't be surprised if I had bronchitus though. Anyway, I missed Wednesday but had to go back on Thursday. So with no voice and a cough that sounds as if it is coming from my toes I drug myself to work. I am all out of sick days due to my maternity leave so any days I miss I get my paycheck docked. It sucks so bad! It is the worst feeling in the world to feel so terrible, but still have to be somewhere. Then Taylor got sent home from school with a fever. Thank goodness the day was almost over so David only had to watch him for a little while. He was much better by Friday, then... Jenna started to get it. She fevered throughout the night last night, and has a little cough. Her fever breaks with Tylenol and she is being a little trooper. Even though I know she is miserable she still is smiley. I however am getting no better. I guess getting no sleep, and being really stressed out isn't helping. My house is a mess, my classroom is a mess, I have report cards due, lesson plans to do, papers to grade, floors to mop, MY WASHER BROKE, my truck is dirty...well I could go on an on but I need to rest. Wow, venting really helps. I feel so much better. Thanks for listening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I wish Austin and I could come help, but i'm afraid we're too far away. We just got over a week of sickness also. . .it's not fun seeing your kids being sick.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry :( I wish I was there to help.
ReplyDeleteBummer! I hope you feel better. If I can help at all...I will. GET SOME REST!
ReplyDeleteSorry you have been sick Tazz has been sick too just really stuffy it is so sad. If you need anything just ask. Hope you all get to feeliong better.
ReplyDelete